Technology Assessment for Implementation and Deployment
This work was further extended with pose estimation and the paper is co-authored by Vinay Vaidya with Haralick(4). Pifocal is now further extending this concept to the field of cognitive technology.
Cognitive technology is emerging very rapidly. Companies are keen on bringing new cognition based solutions to market. These new solutions use cognition APIs as the foundation on which new application software are developed. The cognition APIs include functionality for :
- Face recognition
- Speech to text conversion
- Scene understanding and many other features
There are number of cognition APIs available in the market including from Amazon, Google, IBM, and Microsoft. The Application development companies are often faced with a dilemma which cognitive technology to choose.
- In this service, we will use a sample data set specific to the target application.
- Our experts will conduct a thorough analysis and a comparative study to characterize performance of the available technologies in the market.
- There are many facets to technology selection. Is the technology at the expected cognition level?
- How does the performance scale with larger data sets or lot of users?
- Does the technology perform well most of the time or does it crash or have other bugs?
- How is the support from the vendor?
- Last but not least, what’s the cost of using this technology?
There is cost of training data sets and cost of prediction. There is also cost of on-going monitoring and support. Another part of technology assessment is the quality of data. If the quality isn’t good or in the right format, data cleanup and manipulation should be done. We will do a holistic assessment of all the factors that influence the feasibility and outcome of the project.
Pifocal has developed proprietary assessment tools and benchmarks for this service. Our report will show the performance of each vendor and hence help the customer make a good technology selection decision.
The process of technology selection is time consuming, involved, and complex. The APIs for other technologies can be tested by running them and seeing if they pass or fail. On the other hand, cognitive APIs must be tested with several appropriately selected datasets. Moreover, they return results in terms of confidence levels. Hence the situation isn’t one of pass/fail work but there are shades of grey and these should be understood properly. Pifocal’s assessment reports and advisory service will help you make the most appropriate technology decisions for your business.
Three Biometrics on One Smart Card, Face Recognition, Speaker Verification, and Fingerprint Objective of any biometric system is to allow access only to authorized persons. Security levels in different situations are different. Giving access to people visiting a...read more